To provide instructions to agencies for processing the payment.
M/C employees in Bargaining Unit 06 who meet the eligibility criteria defined below.
This payment will be included in the regular checks dated November 27, 2002 for Institution and December 4, 2002 for Administration.
Chapter 68 of the Laws of 2000 provides for a Uniform Cleaning and Maintenance Allowance for eligible M/C employees.
Payment Amount and Eligibility
The amount of the Uniform Cleaning and Maintenance Allowance is $550 for full time eligible employees, except those assigned to the Department of Correction Shock Incarceration Camps who are eligible for $600.
Employees in the following departments and titles are eligible for the payment, provided they meet the eligibility criteria defined below:
- Department of Correctional Services
- Deputy Superintendent of Security Services
- Correction Captain
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Director - Division of Law Enforcement
- Assistant Director - Law Enforcement
- Supervisor - Forest Ranger Services
- Assistant Supervisor - Forest Ranger Services
- Environmental Conservation Investigator 4
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Chief of Regional Park Police
- To be eligible for the full payment, the employee must be full time annual salaried and be active on the payroll on November 6, 2002 (Administration) or November 13, 2002 (Institution).
- Eligible employees who are on leave with at least 50 percent pay on November 6, 2002 (Administration) or November 13, 2002 (Institution) are eligible for the full payment.
- Eligible employees working part-time are entitled to a pro-rated amount based on their part-time percentage on November 6, 2002 (Administration) or November 13, 2002 (Institution).
- Eligible part-time employees on Sick Leave at less than 50 percent pay are entitled to a pro-rated amount based on their regular part-time percentage prior to their leave.
- Eligible employees on an approved leave without pay on November 7, 2002 (Administration) or November 14, 2002(Institution) are entitled to the payment provided they return to the payroll within one year of the eligibility date.
Exception: Eligible employees who are on military leave on the eligibility date due to the events of September 11, 2001 are eligible for the payment immediately.
To pay eligible employees the Uniform Cleaning and Maintenance Allowance, enter the following information on the Time Entry panel in payroll period 17C/16L for Institution and 18C/17L for Administration. The agency the employee was employed in on the eligibility date must submit the payment.
|Earning Begin Date:||Enter 11/6/2002 (Administration) or 11/13/2002 (Institution) or the date the employee returned to the payroll.|
|Earning End Date:||Enter the same date as the Earning Begin Date.|
|Earn Code:||Enter UA7.|
|Amount:||Enter the amount of payment.|
Miscellaneous Payment Information
The Uniform Cleaning and Maintenance Allowance is not pensionable and is not included in the calculation of overtime.
Payroll Register and Employee's Paycheck
The earn code UA7 and the amount will be displayed on the payroll register. The earnings description "Uniform Allowance NU06" and the amount will be displayed on the employee's check or advice.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to your agency Labor Relations Office.
Questions about payment processing may be directed to your payroll auditor.