To notify agencies of the availability of the PayServ functionality for 2007 and to provide instructions for preparing reissued 2007 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements.
Payroll Bulletin No. 535 notified agencies that pursuant to agency requests and in compliance with IRS Rules and Regulations, OSC developed the PayServ functionality that enables agencies to view and print reissued W-2 Wage and Tax Statements. Reissued W-2s may be provided to replace lost or destroyed original W-2 forms.
This functionality must not be used for employees who receive a corrected W-2 because the original, not the corrected, W-2 information will print.
This functionality is now available for agencies to view and print reissued 2007 W-2s. Note: This feature applies only to 2007 W-2s.
OSC will make this functionality available until December 1, 2008, and only for W-2s issued for the tax year 2007.
This process cannot be utilized for W-2 corrections. Agencies must continue to contact OSC for prior approval before a W-2 Correction may be distributed to an employee.
“Reissued Statement” will automatically print on both pages.
The Control-D W-2 Audit report (NPAY731) identifies the agency from which the employee’s original W-2 was issued. Agencies will only be able to reissue W-2s to those employees listed on their NPAY731 Report.
After logging into PayServ, follow this path: Home>Compensate Employees>Maintain Payroll Data (US)>Inquire
- Click on “W2 Reprint.”
- Select the EmplID search option.
- Enter the EmplID of the employee requesting a replacement W-2 and click on Search.
- When the W2 Reprint page opens, confirm the correct employee’s W-2 information is displayed.
- Click on the “View Printable W-2” button at the bottom of the page.
- The W-2 statement for the calendar year 2007 will appear. Note: Information on the reissued W-2 is identical to that which appeared on the original W-2.
- Printing instructions for the Web Based W-2 Reprint Form. Netscape and Internet Explorer users must change browser settings. IRS regulations require the W-2 forms to be printed in black ink and on white paper (at least 9 pound).
- To print the reissued W-2, select “File,” then “Print” from the Windows toolbar at the upper left side of the page.
Since the reprinted W-2 is not printed on perforated paper, agencies must separate the copies on the first page by cutting on the two dotted lines before distributing to the employee. To comply with IRS regulations, the copies must be cut prior to giving them to the employee.
This replacement W-2 is a duplicate of the original W-2; therefore recent address changes will not be reflected. If mailing to the employee, it will be necessary to use the current employee address. OSC recommends that agencies do not use a window envelope, as the employee’s Social Security Number will be visible.
Users with the following Security Roles will have access to this page and the ability to print W-2s:
- SAU3: Paycheck Inquiry
- SAU6: Deduction and Tax Maintenance
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Payroll Deduction mailbox.