The purpose of this task is to process the appropriate modifications to the Payroll System when an employee's home or mailing address changes.
- Address changes are effective-dated. The Payroll System stores the history of address changes.
- Full addresses are required for Home, Check and Mailing address types, including 4 digit zip code extension and county. Addresses should be bar code able whenever possible. Home address must be a street address. PO Boxes can be used for Check/Mailing addresses.
Changing an Employee's Address
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Enter the employee’s EMPLID.
- To display all rows, select the Include History option.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Contact Information tab.
- To insert a row for a type of address other than "Home" (e.g. "Mailing"):
- Click the plus (+) sign in the Current Addresses area, and select the appropriate Address Type from the drop down list.
- Next select Add Address Detail
- Enter Effective Date
- Change Country if necessary
- Leave Status as A
- Click Add Address
- Enter All Address information including County
- Click OK
- Review information and click OK
- Click SAVE.
- To change an address for an Address Type that already exists (e.g. the "Home" Address Type):
- Click the View Address Detail link for the address type to be changed.
- Insert a new row – click the plus sign (+) or (ALT +7).
- Enter the desired information into the Effective Date field.
- Confirm or select the Country.
- Confirm or select the Status.
- Click the Add Address link.
- Enter the new address information in the appropriate fields.
NOTE: The employee's County of residence should also be populated.
- Click the OK button on the Edit Address page.
- Click the OK button on the Address History page.
- Click the Save button.
The employee's address has been changed. NOTE when using check address, you have to also update Payroll Options to direct where check will go.