The purpose of this task is to process an employee's name change in the Payroll System. Use this procedure to record the employee's new name. The employee’s name of record appears in all Empl Record Numbers.
- An employee's name is effective-dated. The Payroll System stores the history of name changes.
- Name should match the name on record with the Social Security Administration. (i.e. on employees social security card).
- If the employee has multiple records, verify that all the agencies are aware of the name change.
Changing an Employee's Name
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row - click the plus sign (+) or (ALT +7) in the Name section of the Biographical Details tab.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Verify Format Type default.
- Select the Edit Name.
- Enter the name change information.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
The employee's name is changed in the Payroll System for all Employee Record numbers.