The purpose of this task is to change an employee's National ID in the Payroll System. This situation may occur when an employee does not have a Social Security Number, the number is entered into the Payroll System incorrectly, or if the number is unknown.
When an agency determines that an employee's National ID is incorrect, the following procedure must be followed. Each week a process is run by OSC to change National ID on all pages in accordance with this change.
- National ID = SSN (Social Security Number).
- Empl ID = N Number.
- If there is more than one Empl Id for an employee, OSC must be notified using a Data Change COR in order to combine Empl Ids with the proper National ID. The names must match identically in both Empl Ids.
Changing a National ID
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Enter the desired information into the National ID field.
- Click the Save button.
- If a number existed in the National ID field and the value is subsequently changed, the "incorrect" National ID will appear in the Prior SSN field.
- NHRP539 combines records.
- NHRP729 shows the correct and corrected Empl IDs.
- Enter any comments in the General Comments page as needed.
The employee's National ID has been changed in the Payroll System.