Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
Changing the work schedule will establish which days of the week the employee works. A work day is a “Y” and a pass day is an “N”. The system will use the work schedule, which is one week, to determine both weeks of the pay period. This is important for pay periods when the employee is coming on or leaving the payroll mid-pay periods and the employee does not work the normal standard work schedule. The payroll system will start using the “Y” noted for Thursday and pay for a day noted as “Y”. Work schedules are defaulted per the Comp Rate Code. Refer to Bulletin 618, issued 1/12/2006 for the rules for applying work schedules
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
- The payroll system use the number of “Y”’s in the pay period to determine the daily rate for partial pay periods; 5 ‘Y’ pays 40/5 or 8 hours per day, 7 “Y’ pays 40/7 or 5.714 hours per day, 4 ‘Y’ pays 40/4 or 10 hours per day.
Data Change Request: Change Work Schedule
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change. If the work schedule is changing in the pay period the employee going on a leave or separating from the payroll, the effective date is the beginning of the pay period.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- For a Work Schedule change request, select Reason CWS.
- Enter the Work Schedule, Sunday - Saturday. Refer to Bulletin 618 for applicable rules.
- Enter pass days as "N" and work days as "Y".
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate. NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
A Data Change Request has been submitted to change an employee’s Work Schedule.