Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
Data Change, COR (Correct History) is used by the agency to request changes to an employee’s record that the agency cannot do. An agency cannot enter any job status action to the job data page that is retroactive to the last or most current effective dated row on the Job Data page. An agency cannot change any existing row on the Additional Pay page. The agency must submit a request to OSC staff to make these changes. Changes needed to the employee’s record due to Worker’s Compensation Award must be requested through a Data Change Correct History.
Retroactive pay changes and position changes must be done using the Job Action Request page, regardless of the effective dates. Subsequent effective sequence numbers are used to add changed information for any prior rows.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- For Data Change COR no fields will open.
- The Status Reason Comment field must be filled in with the requested action.
- The Data Change COR will never post. The requested change will be processed on the appropriate page, and the Data Change COR request will be Denied once completed.
Data Change Request: Correct History
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing (status = Initiated) or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on this Effective Date.
- Enter “88” as the sequence number to alert OSC staff that there are Time Entry transactions waiting for the changes to be made.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- For Correct History change request, select Reason COR.
- Explain the purpose of the request in the Status Reason box.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
- OSC staff will process the change on the appropriate pages, change the Sequence Number on the Data Change COR request to 9, and deny the transaction.
A Data Change request has been submitted to correct an Employee's history.