Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
This request will change or correct information needed for the automatic payment of certain payments. The fields that will be opened and can be entered in any combination as needed are the Increment Code, Anniversary Date, and FIS amount.
If the salary or pay rate must be changed at the same time, a Pay Change Request must be entered and these fields changed on that transaction.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- The transaction will never auto approve. All transactions will go to OSC staff for review.
Data Change Request: Correct Increment Code
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing (status = Initiated) or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the increment code, anniversary date or FIS amount correction.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Effective Sequence if there is an existing action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- For Correct Increment Code, select Reason CIC.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered. At least one of the opened fields must be completed.
- Enter the Increment Code, if appropriate.
- Enter the Anniversary Dt, if appropriate.
- Enter the FIS Amount, if appropriate.
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box as appropriate.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
A Data Change request has been requested to correct an employee’s increment code.