Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
This transaction will place the employee on the Voluntary Reduction program. Eligibility is based on the employee’s bargaining unit. The only eligible work percentages are from 70-95% in increments of 5%. Edits and messages will appear as needed. In order to remove the employee from the program and return them to 100%, use a Data Change/Change Percent Full request.
This transaction will allow the agency to reduce the employee’s work percentage due to a worker’s compensation incident when the employee is working part time and the State Insurance Fund is also compensating the employee for the lost wages.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Data Change Request: Voluntary Reduction or WC Works Part-Time
Main Menu >Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
- If there is an existing record, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action/Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action/Reason from the drop down list. For a Voluntary Reduction change request, select Reason VRW. For a Workers Compensation Works Part Time change request, select Reason WWP.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- Enter the Full/Part Time indicator.
- For VRW, enter "V". For WWP, enter "P".
- Enter the Part-Time Pct.
NOTE: For VRW, this field must be between .70 and .95 in increments of .05.
- Enter the Work Schedule, if applicable. Enter pass days as "N" and work days as "Y".
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate.
NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
A Data Change Request has been submitted.