The purpose of this task is to add earnings to an employee's record when the additional pay is to occur on an on-going basis (e.g. LOC, GEO, IPF, IPP, PS1, etc.).
- For Derived Biweekly earnings, such as Location Pay or Preshift Briefing, the Payroll System will prorate earnings for a pay period if there is a Pay Status change from "Pay" to "No Pay" for all effective dated rows.
- If there is no Pay Status change from "Pay" to "No Pay", for example from Active status to Leave With Pay, the Payroll System will pay the entire Derived Biweekly earnings for the pay period based on the Earnings Code and Employee Work % and Work Schedule fields on Job Data in effect at the end of the pay period.
- If there is a mid-pay period change in a current pay period to add, end or change the amount of a derived biweekly or a pay status change that is not “No Pay" to "Pay", for example active to leave with pay or leave with pay to active, the payroll system will not prorate the earnings in the retroactive pay period. PayServ will pay the amount due based on the earnings at the end of the pay period for the entire retroactive pay period. The corresponding adjustment code must be used to correctly adjust the affected pay period.
- If there is a mid-pay period change to a retroactive row, the system will pay the entire pay period and the user must enter the corresponding adjustment code to correctly pay the employee.
- An agency can only select additional pay earnings based on the employee's Earnings Program ID.
Entering Additional Pay – Derived Biweekly Recurring Annual Payment
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Create Additional Pay
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Click the Include History option.
- Click the Search button.
- To view all Additional Pay rows for the employee, click the View All option.
- Use the scroll arrows in the Additional Pay scroll area to see if the employee has ever received the Earnings Code before.
- If the employee has not received the Earnings Code before, then click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Additional Pay bar to insert a new Earnings Code row and proceed to Step 10.
- If the employee has received the Earnings Code before, click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Effective Date bar to insert a new Effective Date row, and skip to Step 11.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Enter the desired information into the Annual Addl Earnings field.
- If the earnings End Date has been predetermined, enter the date the additional pay ends in the End Date (COB) field.
- Click the Save button.
- If the transaction is a mid-pay period change to a current pay period, review any sequence 2 row.
- If the transaction is a mid-pay period change to a retroactive pay period, enter the corresponding adjustment code as needed.
The employee will be paid additional pay, effective on the date recorded.