The General Comments page is used to record general comments about an employee that are not fully explained by a Payroll System transaction.
- Hyperlinks exist on the Job Data, Additional Pay, Contract Pay and Job Action Request pages to assist in entering comments that describe the transactions as they are being entered into the Payroll System.
- There is only one General Comments page per employee, regardless of the number records that exist for the employee.
Entering General Comments
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Biographical > General Comments
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- If the employee has an existing general comment(s), insert a new row by clicking the plus sign (+) or Alt+7.
- Enter the name and telephone number of the person making the comment in the Comments By field.
- The Comment Date field will automatically default to the date entered. Agencies cannot enter the Comment Date.
a. Agencies are not able to modify an existing General Comment. If an agency needs to change or add to an existing General Comment, the agency must enter a new comment detailing the appropriate information. The new comment should include the Comment Date and Sequence Number of the comment being changed.
- The Sequence Number field will automatically default to the next available Sequence Number.
a. Agencies cannot enter or modify the Sequence Number.
- Select the correct value from the Comment Category list.
a. The Categories that begin with OSC are used by OSC staff to respond to the agency and note the comment to be placed on the automatic correction sheet.
- Enter the appropriate Department.
- Enter the comment text.
NOTE: The comment text should include the effective date of the transaction that the comment applies to and detailed information or calculations relating to the transaction.
- Click the Save button.
General Comments have been entered for the employee.