The purpose of this task is to correct previously paid earnings that were processed on the Time Entry page.
NOTE: To adjust or change payments for the current pay period, refer to the Changing Overtime or Miscellaneous Payments procedure.
- If earnings were reported as positive earnings (e.g. overtime), a negative transaction must be used.
- If earnings were reported as negative earnings (e.g. lost time), a positive transaction must be used.
Making an Adjustment to a Previously Paid Time Entry Earnings Code
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Time Entry
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Enter or verify the Empl Record.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the original earnings begin date of the payment being adjusted.
- Enter the original earnings end date of the payment being adjusted.
- Enter the Earn Code for the earnings type.
- Enter the hours/units, days and/or amount to be adjusted. NOTE: For negative adjustments, the values entered must be preceded with a minus (-) sign.
- To access the Time Entry Comments page to enter any comments regarding the adjustment, click the Cmts button.
- Enter the desired information into the Time Entry Comments field. NOTE: The Time Entry Comment should also be entered on the General Comments page for future reference.
- Click the OK button.
- If additional adjustments are required, click the Add a new row (Alt+7) button.
- Click the Save button.
An adjustment to a previously paid earnings code has been entered using the Time Entry page.