The purpose of this task is to process an employee's return from a Workers' Compensation leave. A return from a leave of absence changes an employee's status in the Payroll System.
- The Reason code used must agree with the type of Workers' Compensation leave the employee was placed on.
- The Work Percentage field must be verified when reinstating the employee.
- An employee's additional earnings are continued while on Workers' Compensation leave. The agency should verify that these additional earnings are still valid upon return.
- If the effective date of the reinstatement is retroactive to the current pay period, RGS in Time Entry may need to be submitted to pay the employee.
Processing a Return from Workers’ Compensation Leave
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the employee’s EMPLID.
- To view all rows, select the Include History option.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row - click the plus sign (+) or (ALT +7).
- Enter the Effective Date indicating the date of the return from leave of absence.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence if more than one action is to take effect on the same Effective Date.
- Select the Action / Reason list.
- Select the Return from Leave list item.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason.
- Click the Comments link to record any comments pertaining to the transaction.
- Click the Job Information tab.
- Confirm the default or update the Part-Time Pct as necessary.
NOTE: Appointment Code, Work Schedule, and Benefit Flag are not used in this process.
- Click the Save button.
A return from Workers' Compensation leave of absence has been entered for an employee.