Beginner PayServ Training Manual
The Beginner PayServ Training manual was last updated in April, 2014. While the manual is a good reference for payroll staff, we encourage new PayServ users to attend a Beginner PayServ Training class in person.
Chapter 1 - PayServ Navigation
Chapter 2 - The Hire Process
Chapter 3 - Job Requests
Chapter 4 - Maintaining Employee Data
Chapter 5 - Time Entry
Visit the Office of Operations Training Resources page for links to the presentations, reference materials and hands-on exercises and solutions for all Payroll training provided at the Fall Conference.
- Balance of Contract for SUNY Employees and Pay Equity for Institution Teachers
- The Certification Process and You
- Overtime/FLSA, Lost Time and Sick Leave
- Payroll Earnings Day to Day & Duplicates, Soft Warnings and General Comments
- Processing Salary Payments Pursuant to Court Orders, Awards and Settlement Agreements This recording begins a few minutes into the presentation.
- Retroactive Payments Over One Year Old
- Step 3 Grievances
Deductions and Tax Administration Training
- Direct Deposit Procedures: Returns/Deletes/Reversals