Beginner PayServ Training
Beginner PayServ is a one-day training session held periodically at the Office of the State Comptroller in Albany. Participants gain hands-on PayServ experience working with fictitious payroll data in our training database. Some of the topics covered during the Beginner PayServ class include: entering a new hire, entering a pay rate change, and entering a position change.
To attend an upcoming session, email the Payroll Training mailbox and provide your name, agency, contact information, and preferred training date. The following will be the last training classes available until after the PayServ 9.2 upgrade goes live:
- February 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
Beginner PayServ Training Manual
The Beginner PayServ Training manual was last updated in April, 2014. While the manual is a good reference for payroll staff, we encourage new PayServ users to attend a Beginner PayServ Training class in person.
Chapter 1 - PayServ Navigation
Chapter 2 - The Hire Process
Chapter 3 - Job Requests
Chapter 4 - Maintaining Employee Data
Chapter 5 - Time Entry
2019 Fall Conference
Visit the Office of Operations Training Resources page for links to the presentations, reference materials and hands-on exercises and solutions for all Payroll training provided at the 2019 Fall Conference.
Recorded Training Sessions
These training videos were recording live during the 2013 - 2015 Fall Conferences and other training events. Click the course title to view a recording of the presentation. PDFs of each presentation and any additional conference materials are also shared here.
- Balance of Contract for SUNY Employees and Pay Equity for Institution Teachers
- The Certification Process and You
- Overtime/FLSA, Lost Time and Sick Leave
- Payroll Earnings Day to Day & Duplicates, Soft Warnings and General Comments
- Processing Salary Payments Pursuant to Court Orders, Awards and Settlement Agreements This recording begins a few minutes into the presentation.
- Retroactive Payments Over One Year Old
- Step 3 Grievances