- If you submitted your claim online, you’ll receive an email from LostMoney within 24 hours. Check your spam folder if you didn’t get it. Most claims submitted online are processed within 2 weeks.
- If you submitted your claim by mail, you’ll receive a letter from us within 30 days. Claims submitted by mail, or those that require additional documentation, are usually processed within 90 days from the date of the first letter we sent to you or when we receive your documents online.
- We'll send you another letter if we need more information or documents. Your claim will be processed faster if you send us the requested documents online.
- You’ll receive a pre-paid debit card (if selected and approved) or a check after your claim is completed, typically within 2 weeks.
- Pre-paid debit cards will be mailed to you directly from KeyBank.
The Comptroller’s Office never charges a fee for returning unclaimed funds. However, Location Service Providers may contact you, and they do charge a fee. The maximum fee they can charge you for helping you recover your money is 15 percent.
The Value of Your Claim
To protect you from fraud, we can’t tell you the amount of your claim until we receive and confirm your proof of ownership.
By providing your email address, mobile and/or fax number you agree that we may correspond with you using these methods. Standard data fees and text messaging rates may apply based on your plan with your mobile phone center.
If you selected to receive text message updates, we’ll send you a text when your claim is received and when your claim is approved for payment. Look for a text from LostMoney.
We may correspond with you by email – check your spam folder to make sure you didn’t miss an email from [email protected].