Coordinated Plan For ERS Tier 5 Members

(Article 15)

Withdrawing Your Contributions and/or Your Membership


If you leave public employment with less than ten years of credited service, you may end your membership and withdraw your accumulated contributions (with interest compounded at 5 percent per year). Once you have ten or more years of credited service, you cannot withdraw from the Retirement System.


To withdraw your membership, sign in to your Retirement Online account, go to the ‘My Account Summary’ area of your Account Homepage and click “Withdraw My Membership.” You can also apply by mail by submitting the Withdrawal Application (RS5014).

To withdraw your membership, you should apply no earlier than 15 days after you leave public employment.