The State Comptroller is New York State’s chief fiscal officer, responsible for governmental and financial oversight of state agencies, public authorities, local governments and school districts.
Examiners of Municipal Affairs in the Division of Local Government and School Accountability (LGSA) do the following:
- Provide on-site services to local governments in the localities in their assigned regions
- Develop management and communication skills
- Identify opportunities to improve taxpayer-funded programs
- Be responsible for communicating with high-level government personnel
- Perform detailed analyses of government-operated programs using current technological tools
You will receive extensive training and your work experience will foster your professional development (some work will qualify for CPA licensing). Staff training programs focus on current trends and standards in the accounting and auditing profession, including providing diverse non-audit services. You will also be trained in other skills that will help you perform your assignments and otherwise learn and advance.
LGSA has offices throughout the State, including:
- Glens Falls
The Office of the New York State Comptroller is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer