The Office of the State Deputy Comptroller for the City of New York (OSDC):
- Monitors the fiscal condition of New York City.
- Assists the New York State Financial Control Board.
- Provides technical assistance to other divisions within the State Comptroller’s Office.
OSDC issues a range of reports to assist the public in understanding issues and development in three primary areas:
- New York City’s financial plans and major budgetary and policy issues.
- Economic and economic development trends and issues affecting New York City, including Wall Street, housing, energy and immigration.
- Budgetary and policy issues affecting public authorities in the New York City region, including the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Subway Ridership in New York City
Comptroller DiNapoli has launched an interactive online tool of subway ridership that details where straphangers are, and are not, returning to the subway system, alongside neighborhood and local demographics, employment and income.