The Office of the State Deputy Comptroller for the City of New York (OSDC):
- Monitors the fiscal condition of New York City.
- Assists the New York State Financial Control Board.
- Provides technical assistance to other divisions within the State Comptroller’s Office.
OSDC issues a range of reports to assist the public in understanding issues and development in three primary areas:
- New York City’s financial plans and major budgetary and policy issues.
- Economic and economic development trends and issues affecting New York City, including Wall Street, housing, energy and immigration.
- Budgetary and policy issues affecting public authorities in the New York City region, including the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Comptroller DiNapoli's series of economic reports show COVID-19 has decimated the Big Apple’s core economic drivers.
- The Securities Industry in New York City, October 2021
- The Office Sector in New York City, October 2021
- Financial Outlook for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, September 2021
- NYC Health + Hospitals Check-Up: The Impact of COVID-19, September 2021
- NYC Department of Education Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, September 2021
- New York State Rent Relief Funding: Spotlight on New York City, August 2021
- Recent Trends and Impact of COVID-19 in the Bronx, June 2021
- The Construction Industry in New York City: Recent Trends and Impact of COVID-19, June 2021
- The Tourism Industry in New York City: Reigniting the Return, April 2021
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Debt Profile, April 2021
- 2020 Wall Street Bonuses, March 2021
- Arts, Entertainment and Recreation in New York City: Recent Trends and Impact of COVID-19, February 2021
- The Paycheck Protection Program in New York City: What’s Next?, February 2021
- The Retail Sector in New York City: Recent Trends and Impact of COVID-19, December 2020
- Lessons from Past Recessions: Borrowing for Operations, October 2020
- The Restaurant Industry in New York City: Tracking the Recovery, September 2020
- Assessing the Targeting of the Federal Coronavirus Relief Fund, September 2020
Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Subway Ridership in New York City
Comptroller DiNapoli has launched an interactive online tool of subway ridership that details where straphangers are, and are not, returning to the subway system, alongside neighborhood and local demographics, employment and income.