Open Book New York
"New Yorkers pay among the highest taxes in the country. It's important to have transparency so citizens are empowered with information they need to hold their elected officials accountable." – Thomas P. DiNapoli
Search Millions of State and Local Government Financial Records
As the State's Chief Financial Officer, Comptroller DiNapoli believes New Yorkers deserve to know how their tax dollars are spent. Without transparency in government, there cannot be accountability. His open data initiatives are a commitment to this belief.
If you've ever wondered how much it costs to run your fire department or how much your city spends on education, you can easily track where money is going and how it's being reflected in the State's spending priorities using the Comptroller's Open Book New York.
Search 180,000 active contracts that State agencies have with businesses, not-for-profit organizations and other governmental entities in effect April 1, 2012, or later. Includes both contracts approved by the Office of the State Comptroller and those that don't require approval by the Office.
Search payments made by the state since April 1, 2012, which includes about 10,000 new payments each day, and contains the agency submitting the payment request, the payment recipient, the payment amount and the date the payment was made.
Local Government Data
View and download detailed revenue, spending, debt, tax limits, balance sheets, and property tax cap information for 3,100 local governments, dating back to 2007.
Search by major spending categories for State agencies and some authorities. Provides information on budgetary activities such as payments, journal transfers, appropriated transfers, and so on.
Public Authorities Data
View financial information for more than 500 State and local public authorities dating back to 2007.
Additional Financial Information
Budget and Finances
Search for reports and audits related to New York State, New York City, local governments, school districts and public authorities.
Legislative Travel and Per Diem Expenses
Total Travel and Expenses Paid in Calendar Years 2017 through 3rd Calendar Quarter 2021.
Casino Gaming Revenue
Commonly Requested Documents
- Executive Chamber and Willkie Farr & Gallagher (Contract No. C000271) Outside Counsel
- Executive Chamber and Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer (Contract No. C000254) Outside Counsel
- Executive Chamber and Walden, Macht & Haran LLP (Contract No. C000250) Outside Counsel
- Department of Health and Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, LLP (Contract No. C036361) Outside Counsel
- NYS Attorney General and Viadeck, Raskin & Clark, PC (Contract No. 105804) Outside Counsel
- NYS Attorney General and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (Contract No. C105803) Outside Counsel
- Executive Chamber and Morvillo Abramowitz Grant Iason & Anello PC (Contract No. C000249) Outside Counsel
- NYS Assembly and Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (Contract No. C600004) Outside Counsel
Memorandum of Understanding
- Independent Medical Evaluation Company (C210002)
- Genex Services, LLC (Contract No. C200001)
- Software People, Inc. (Contract No. C001123)
- Garnet River, LLC (Contract No. C001116)
- KPMG, LLP (Contract No. C001119)
- V Group, Inc. (Contract No. C001118)
- PSI International, Inc. (Contract No. C001099)
- Brigar Xpress Solutions, Inc. (Contract No. C001120)
- Kutak Rock (Contract Number C001107)
- Dane Street, LLC (Contract Number C19004-1 - Amendment)
- Dane Street, LLC (Contract Number C19004)
- International Business Machines, Inc. (Contract No. C001036)