Open Book New York
"New Yorkers pay among the highest taxes in the country. It's important to have transparency so citizens are empowered with information they need to hold their elected officials accountable." – Thomas P. DiNapoli
Search Millions of State and Local Government Financial Records
As the State's Chief Financial Officer, Comptroller DiNapoli believes New Yorkers deserve to know how their tax dollars are spent. Without transparency in government, there cannot be accountability. His open data initiatives are a commitment to this belief.
If you've ever wondered how much it costs to run your fire department or how much your city spends on education, you can easily track where money is going and how it's being reflected in the State's spending priorities using the Comptroller's Open Book New York.
Search 210,000 contracts that State agencies have with businesses, not-for-profit organizations and other governmental entities in effect April 1, 2012, or later. Includes both contracts approved by the Office of the State Comptroller and those that don't require approval by the Office.
Search payments made by the state since April 1, 2012, which now includes about 17,000 new payments each day, and contains the agency submitting the payment request, the payment recipient, the payment amount and the date the payment was made.
Local Government Data
View and download detailed revenue, spending, debt, tax limits, balance sheets, and property tax cap information for 3,100 local governments, dating back to 2007.
Search by major spending categories for State agencies and some authorities. Provides information on budgetary activities such as payments, journal transfers, appropriated transfers, and so on.
Public Authorities Data
View financial information for more than 500 State and local public authorities dating back to 2007.
Additional Financial Information
Budget and Finances
Search for reports and audits related to New York State, New York City, local governments, school districts and public authorities.
Local Sales Tax Collections
- Monthly and Quarterly Breakdown by County and Region
- State and Local Impact of the "Gas Tax Holiday" by County (and New York City)
Legislative Travel and Per Diem Expenses
Total Travel and Expenses Paid in Calendar Years 2018 through 3rd Calendar Quarter 2022
Casino Gaming Revenue
Commonly Requested Documents
Memorandum of Understanding
- Audit Services U.S., LLC (Contract No. C001149)
- EECS LLC (Contract No. C001150)
- Kelmar Associates, LLC (Contract No. C001151)
- KeyBank National Association (Contract No. C001110)
- KeyBank National Association (Contract No. C001110-1 Amendment)
- Kroll Government Solutions, LLC (Contract No. C001152)
- Medical Evaluation Specialists, LLC dba MES Solutions (Contract No. C21003)
- Specialty Audit Services, LLC (Contract No. C001153)
- Treasury Services Group, LLC (Contract No. C001154)
- eBizDocs, Inc. (Contract No. C001113)
- SS&C Technologies, Inc. (Contract No. C001136)
- CEM Benchmarking, Inc. (Contract No. C001137)
- IIT, Inc. (Contract No. C001142)
- UMC Medical Consultants P.C. (Contract No. C210001)
- SaQus, LLC (Contract No. C001130)