Determine whether the Justices provided adequate oversight to ensure receipts were collected, deposited, recorded, reported and remitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Justices did not provide adequate oversight of Court operations.
- Collections were not always properly and timely recorded and deposited.
- Court personnel did not properly enforce pending tickets. As a result, 283 (23 percent) were not submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) scofflaw program or not reported or incorrectly reported to the DMV.
- Provide adequate oversight of Court operations.
- Issue complete receipts and properly record all funds collected.
- Enforce pending tickets and submit eligible tickets to the DMV scofflaw program.
Town officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they have begun to initiate corrective action.