Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to determine whether the District’s online banking transactions were safeguarded for the period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2016.
The Caledonia-Mumford Central School District is located in the Town of Le Roy in Genesee County, the Town of Caledonia in Livingston County and the Towns of Chili, Riga and Wheatland in Monroe County. The District, which operates three schools with approximately 820 students, is governed by an elected seven-member Board of Education. Budgeted appropriations for the 2016-17 fiscal year total approximately $17.1 million.
- The District does not have a written online banking agreement with its bank.
- The District did not dedicate a separate computer for online transactions to limit access to online bank accounts.
- Both the Treasurer and Business Manager perform online banking transactions, but neither has received Internet security awareness training.
- Ensure that the District has a sufficient written agreement with the bank and that those who perform online banking transactions are familiar with its content.
- Designate a computer to be used only for online banking transactions.
- Ensure that employees involved in the online banking process receive adequate Internet security awareness training.