Determine whether Tioga Central School District (District) officials could achieve cost savings by offering health insurance buyout incentives and providing select special education services in-house.
District officials could achieve cost savings by:
- Offering an acceptable health insurance buyout incentive in lieu of health insurance coverage.
- Savings could range between approximately $10,000 and $251,000.
- Providing select special education programs in-house.
- Savings could be approximately $39,700.
- Consider offering a health insurance buyout incentive to help reduce costs.
- Consider providing select special education services in-house to help reduce costs.
District officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.