Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to determine whether the Town procured goods and services in accordance with statutory requirements for the period January 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017.
The Town of Beekmantown is located in Clinton County and has a population of approximately 5,550. The Town is governed by an elected five-member Town Board. Budgeted appropriations for 2017 totaled approximately $2.6 million.
- The Town did not procure goods in accordance with the competitive bidding requirements and expended $21,287 more than necessary for diesel fuel purchases.
- The Clerk did not record all collections received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accountability analyses were not prepared by the Clerk, who had a $1,100 unidentified balance in the Clerk bank account as of July 31, 2017.
- Procure goods and services in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Record receipts for all collections received in the Clerk software in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure accountability analyses are prepared monthly, whereby known liabilities are reconciled to available cash.