Determine whether the Town Supervisor maintained up-to-date accounting records and reports.
The Town Supervisor:
- Did not maintain up-to-date records and reports.
- Completed the 2018 and 2019 books and records after we started the audit on January 7, 2020.
- Did not make deposits and maintain accounting records in a timely manner.
- Did not file the Town’s 2016, 2017 and 2018 annual update documents (AUDs), which are required annual financial reports, with our office in a timely manner.
- Ensure the financial records and reports are complete, accurate and up-to-date and deposit funds received in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit AUDs to our office in a timely manner.
- Conduct an annual audit of the Town Supervisor’s records, or engage an independent accountant to conduct the audit.
Town officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.