Determine whether Town of Greenwich (Town) officials sought competition when purchasing goods and services.
Town officials generally did not seek competition when purchasing goods and services.
- Of 50 purchases reviewed totaling $154,386 that required competitive quotes, 28 purchases totaling $81,857 lacked evidence of competition as required by the Town’s purchasing policy.
- Diesel fuel aggregate purchases totaling $35,474 were not competitively bid as required by law.
- Clarify the purchasing policy and procedures, including the use of the requisition form.
- Verify the procurement policy and procedures were followed as part of the audit and approval of claims for payment.
- Ensure competitive bidding statutes and policy requirements are followed.
- Ensure all applicable documentation sought for purchases is attached to vouchers and retained.
Town officials generally agreed with our recommendations and indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.