New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli hosted a reception in Hempstead, N.Y. in honor of Hispanic Heritage month on Oct. 19.
DiNapoli honored five Hispanic leaders for their contributions and leadership, including:
- Dr. Sarah Brewster, chief director of Services and Operations of Circulo de la Hispanidad, who oversees services for children, adults and families at the Circulo Center.
- Hon. Phil Ramos, deputy majority leader of the New York State Assembly, who serves the 6th Assembly district which includes the hamlets of Bay Shore, Brentwood, Central Islip and Islandia.
- Veronica Renta Irwin, Esq., partner at Irwin & Streiner LLC., which provides pro bono family legal services throughout Nassau and Suffolk County.
- Gladys Serrano, LCSW, chief executive officer of the Hispanic Counseling Center, helped HCC become the only agency in the region which is licensed by both the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and the New York State Office of Mental Health to provide bilingual, bicultural behavioral health services.
- Hon. Helen Voutsinas, justice of the Nassau County Supreme Court. Prior to being elected Supreme Court justice in 2018, she served as a Nassau County judge in several courts in the second district since 2011.
For individual photos or a group photo, go to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nycomptroller/albums/72157711467757741