To provide agency procedures for making Pre-Shift Briefing adjustments
Security Supervisors in Bargaining Unit 61 employed in any of the following agencies:
- Office of General Services
- Department of Correctional Services
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Department of Health
- Office of Mental Health
- Office of Mental Retardation
- State University of New York
Chapter 73 of the Laws of 2000, which implements the 1999-2003 Agreement for employees in the Security Supervisors Bargaining Unit (BU61), provides a minimum annual guarantee of $1,248 for Pre-Shift Briefing pay for employees who occupied positions in the Unit during the 2001-2002 fiscal year. For Security Supervisors who do not have a full fiscal year in Bargaining Unit 61, the annual minimum guarantee is pro-rated at $48.00 per pay period based on the length of service in a Supervisory position during the fiscal year.
A list of employees who held positions in BU61 at any time during the fiscal year and the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing paid in 2001-2002 will be mailed to the agency. During the week of April 29, 2002, the list will be sent to the agency in which the employee was last employed in a position in Bargaining Unit 61. The amount of Pre-Shift Briefing identified on the list is the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing paid in fiscal year 2001-2002. This amount includes any payments earned in fiscal year 2000-2001, but paid in fiscal year 2001-2002. If the employee received payments from more than one agency, the list identifies the total paid in other agencies.
For each employee who may have earned less than $1,248 during fiscal year 2001-2002:
- Calculate the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing the employee was eligible to earn in fiscal year 2001-2002.
- Determine the amount the employee was actually paid for Pre-Shift Briefing for fiscal year 2001-2002. Using the amount identified on the list, subtract any amount paid in 2001-2002 that was actually earned in fiscal year 2000-2001 and add any amount paid in fiscal year 2002-2003 that was actually earned in 2001-2002. If necessary, contact the employee's previous agency to confirm the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing received.
- Determine the amount of Pre-Shift Briefing due by subtracting the total amount paid from the amount the employee was eligible to earn.
- Process the adjustment through the Time Entry panel as follows:
|Earn Begin Date||Enter the last day of Period 26L (03/27/2002) for Administration agencies, and the last day of Period 26L (04/03/2002) for Institution agencies or, if the employee is inactive or in another Bargaining Unit of the last day of Period 26L, enter the last date paid in Bargaining Unit 61.|
|Earn End Date||Same as the Begin Date|
|Amount||The adjustment amount|
Questions about this adjustment may be referred to your payroll auditor.