To provide instructions for processing payroll deductions for Federated Community Campaigns (SEFA) for the 2003 calendar year
Payroll deductions for the 2003 campaign will begin in checks dated January 9, 2003 (Institution) and January 15, 2003 (Administration).
SEFA Campaign Guidelines Agency Actions
- Agencies should review the authorization card and verify the completeness, accuracy and legibility of Federated Fund Code, Amount of Deduction, Employee’s Agency Code, Social Security Number and Name.
- The pre-printed Federated Code, which appears at the top right of the form, should be used as the deduction code. Cards that have been modified must be returned to the employee so they can complete a new card or authorize the deduction for the Federated Fund organization identified by the pre-printed code.
- The Amount of Deduction is the amount to be deducted from each paycheck in the calendar year, not the total amount of the pledge.
- The employee’s signature is required to authorize the payroll deduction.
- NOTE: Deduction code 899, NYS World Trade Center Relief Fund has been discontinued after calendar year 2002.
Agencies are required to enter the annual Federated Fund (SEFA) transactions into PaySR on the Gen Deduction Data (Agency) panel, using the following instructions:
- After logging into PaySR, access the Gen Deduction Data (Agency) panel by Go - Compensate Employees - Maintain Payroll Data U.S. - Use - Gen Deduction Data (Agency) - Update/Display All.
- Enter the Social Security No. on the authorization card in the Empl ID field of the Dialog Box and click OK.
- The employee ID (Empl ID), employee record number (Empl Rcd#), and Name appear highlighted on the List box. Click Select.
- Determine if the employee already has a deduction record for the specific Federated Fund No. on the authorization card by scrolling through the deduction codes using the outside scroll bar.
- If a record with the same Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction code already exists, click on the top of the inner scroll bar, insert a row and continue with step 6.
- If there is not an existing row for this Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction code, click on the outer scroll bar, insert a row and continue with step 5.
- Deduction Code - select the correct deduction code for the Federated Fund (SEFA) on the authorization card from the drop down box.
- Effective Date - enter the effective date for the deduction to begin as follows:
- Institution (Lag) - 12/12/2002
- Administration (Lag) - 12/19/2002
- Institution (Current) - 12/26/2002
- Administration (Current) - 01/02/2003
- Deduction Calculation Routine - select Flat Amount from the drop down box.
- Deduction End Date –
- Institution (Lag) - 12/10/2003
- Administration (Lag) - 12/17/2003
- Institution (Current) - 12/24/2003
- Administration Current - 12/31/2003
- Flat/Addl Amount - enter the amount to be deducted from each biweekly paycheck.
- Click the Save button on the toolbar.
Employees who want to start or change a Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction may do so by completing a new authorization card. A payroll general deduction transaction should then be processed to start or change the deduction.
OSC automatically continues Federated Fund (SEFA) deductions upon transfer from one agency to another. It is only necessary to obtain a new authorization card if the employee wants to contribute to a different Federated Fund (SEFA) organization in the new agency.
To cancel the Federated Fund (SEFA) deduction, the Payroll Office must insert a new row with a new Deduction End Date. Cancellation notices must be retained by the agency.
Questions may be directed to the Payroll Deductions mailbox.