The purpose of this task is to set up a position pool in the Payroll System in order to group positions of similar funding sources together. Each position pool represents a common source of funding for one or more positions. If there is more than one source of funding for a position pool, a position pool with dual funding sources must be created.
- At present, there are no Helpful Hints available.
Creating a Position Pool
Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Position Pool Table
- Click Add a New Value link.
- Enter the Department, indicating the specific agency within the State of New York.
- Enter a new Position Pool ID, indicating the group of positions with the same fund.
- Click the Add button.
- The Effective Date should be the beginning of a pay period (usually the current pay period).
NOTE: The default is the current date.
- Enter a Description, up to 30 characters in length, indicating the name of the position pool.
- Enter a Short Description, up to 10 characters in length.
NOTE: This is not a required field. If left blank, it will populate with the first 10 characters from the Description field.
- Click SAVE.
A position pool has been created.