Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
The Tax Location determines what rate the taxes are taken from the employee’s pay check based on the employee’s work location.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Data Change Request: Change Tax Location
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- If there is not an existing request, click the Data Chg button to open the Job Requests1 page for entering a data change request.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- For Change Tax Location change requests, select Reason CTL.
- Enter the Tax Location, or click the Lookup icon.
- Select the appropriate Tax Location.
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate. NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
- Click the Request button
- Click the Save button.
- If the transaction is Auto Approved, a message will appear indicating that a row will be inserted into the employee's Job Data record.
- Click the OK button.
- If the transaction is successfully inserted into Job Data, a message will be displayed.
- Click the OK button.
A Data Change Request has been submitted to change an employee’s Tax Location.