The purpose of this task is to record an employee's unpaid long-term disability leave in the Payroll System.
- A long-term disability leave changes an employee's status.
- Except for “Q” codes, an unpaid leave of absence transaction automatically ends all additional pay earnings, adding an end date to the last row of the Additional Pay page.
- If the transaction is retroactive and the employee is overpaid, the agency must enter comments stating how the overpayment will be recovered. It may be necessary to set up a "Q" code on the Additional Pay page to recover overpayment from any future monies due the employee.
Entering a Long-Term Disability Leave
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row by clicking the plus sign (+) or Alt+7.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Confirm the default of "0", or type the next higher Effective Sequence Number if a prior transaction has taken place on the same effective date.
- Click the Action list.
- Click Long Term Disability (LTO).
- Enter the Reason Code or select one from the lookup (Alt +5).
a. The available Reasons are LTO (Long T Dis) and WCL (Worker’s Comp with IPP).
- Click the Save button.
A long-term disability leave has been entered for the employee.